Beautifully appointed, Riverside Cottage is a rare gem set in breathtaking surroundings overlooking Torver Beck, with its own pedestrian bridge leading to a private jetty and beach. The detached house, gardens and surroundings are an absolute delight and provide a heady mix of luxury and beauty.
All three bedrooms have super king-size beds, two of which can be cleverly converted into two single beds on request, and with two en-suites and a house bathroom, queues are a thing of the past! Outside there is a choice of peaceful patios, including a charming covered seating area adorned with fairy lights.
What is really magical about Riverside Cottage is it has its very own pedestrian bridge which crosses Torver Beck to an enormous expanse of green leading to Coniston Water. You can while away the hours in the summer house, or dangle your feet over the water on the private jetty.
In such stunning surroundings, it is very easy to see how our Lakeland poets were so inspired! Just over a mile away is a footpath leading to The Old Man of Coniston which at 2635 feet is not quite a Munro, but deserves its place in the great Cumbrian fells.
On a fine day the views from the top are so intoxicating they should be experienced by everyone. Arthur Ransome based his book ‘Swallows and Amazons’ on Coniston Water, and it is fun trying to discover the locations featured in the book. There is boat hire available, as well as sailing courses and the steam yacht Gondola, which offers an opulent sail with a difference.
Riverside Cottage is addictive and one visit will not be enough.
- All ground floor
- Three super king-size double bedrooms (all zip/link, can be twin on request) and two with en-suite walk-in shower, basin and WC
- Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC
- Kitchen with AGA and dining area
- Sitting room with dining area and log burner.
- Oil central heating with log burner
- Electric oven and hob, AGA, 2 x fridge/freezers, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Front patio with furniture, rear lawned area and patio with furniture
- Private pedestrian bridge over the river, jetty, launch and summer house
- Use of paddock over foot bridge
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub 1.3 miles
- Note: Unfenced river adjacent to cottage, care should be taken. Please be advised that although all ground floor there is one step into the hallway and two steps down into the lounge