A tasteful and stylish ground floor apartment, situated at the foot of The Old Man of Coniston and close to Coniston Water in the rural hamlet of Torver. Saddlebeck offers idyllic holiday accommodation that is charming and contemporary.
The furnishings replicate the setting of the apartment, with character features such as slate floors and slabs used in the walk-in shower room, which reflect the contours of the surrounding hills. There is also a Belfast sink in the kitchen and a woodburner in the sitting area, and the super king-size bedroom can be converted to offer twin beds for convenience.
The use of stunning velvet fabrics and woollen textiles in the soft furnishings all reflect the thought and quality involved in presenting this apartment. The apartment is located next to the owner’s well-known popular local inn, and is below a second holiday apartment, and is sure to please couples wishing to explore this outstanding area.
After a day exploring the area, return and enjoy the cosiness of the woodburner, or take a refreshing drink in the outdoor patio space, sit with a glass of wine or sink into the bubbles of the hot tub as the sun sets to reveal a romantic, star-filled sky, soaking up the tranquillity of the region.
Hikers will love the trails from the door, with the Walna Scar pass winding upwards towards the Old Man, Dow Crag and Swirl How. Head out onto peaceful Coniston Water, with boating facilities available, or simply enjoy a waterside stroll. Explore the beautiful country estate of Brantwood, home to the poet John Ruskin.
Or sample the gingerbread at Grasmere, delicious and unique, with the ancient recipe a closely-guarded secret locked away in the local bank! At the end of a day of exploration and activity, enjoy the welcoming comfort of Saddleback – a stunning Lakeland holiday apartment.
- All ground floor
- One super king-size double bedroom (zip/link, can be twin on request) with TV and en-suite wet room with shower, basin and WC
- Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner
- Hot tub
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven, ceramic hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Patio with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 mins walk, pub next door
- Note: WiFi can be intermittent due to rural location. Please note check in time for this property is 4pm and check out is 10am.