Set at the foot of The Old Man of Coniston and close to Coniston Water in the rural hamlet of Torver is this beautifully appointed first floor apartment with private hot tub. Herdwick is a delightful holiday apartment, renovated to a high standard with local slate imaginatively used to provide a character finish.
Set next to the owner’s acclaimed local inn and above a second holiday apartment, this is a real gem and a great choice for couples exploring this stunning area. The comfortable king-size bedroom can be converted to offer convenient twin beds on request, with an en-suite wet room guaranteeing a luxurious experience.
Following a day on the fells or touring this fabulous area, an evening snuggled in front of the woodburner is an utter delight. Open the French doors onto the private balcony, where you can sit with a glass of wine or sink into the bubbles of the hot tub as the sun sets to reveal a romantic, star-filled sky.
This is a walkers’ paradise with the Walna Scar pass leading enticingly upwards towards the lofty fells of The Old Man, Dow Crag, Swirl How and Wetherlam, offering testing mountain bike trails and fantastic walks.
The peaceful scenery of Coniston Water can be found within easy reach, with the beautiful country estate of Brantwood, famously home to John Ruskin, is open to the public. Nearby Grasmere offers tempting Grasmere Gingerbread, with the ancient recipe a closely guarded secret, locked away in the local bank!
The Roman fort at Hardknott is a fascinating place to visit with a beautiful backdrop, whilst all of the wonderful woodland and Lakeland scenery of the Lake District can be enjoyed within an easy drive.
At the close of busy day, this beautiful holiday apartment is sure to welcome your return and prepare you for tomorrows adventure.
- All first floor
- One super king-size double bedroom (zip/link, can be twin on request) with TV
- Wet room with shower, basin and WC
- Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner and French doors to balcony with hot tub.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven, ceramic hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher
- 2 x TVs with Freeview, WiFi
- Electricity and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 mins walk, pub next door
- Note: External, open tread staircase to access apartment
- Note: WiFi can be intermittent due to rural location. Please note chek in time for this property is 4pm and check out is 10am.